From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: QA Proposal v3
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:18:51
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> said:
2 > Mark Loeser posted <20060424131128.GH690@×××××××××××××.com>, excerpted
3 > below, on Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:11:28 -0400:
4 >
5 > >> > * QA will take an active role in cleaning up unmaintained and broken
6 > >> > packages from the tree. It is also encouraged of members of the QA
7 > >> > team to assist in mentoring new developers that wish to take over
8 > >> > unmaintained packages/herds.
9 > >>
10 > >> i am not sure how to read this one, it could mean broken packages that
11 > >> are unmaintained, but how it is written it could also mean unmaintained
12 > >> || broken, not only unmaintained && broken, i really wish you would at
13 > >> least consider not killing off unmaintained and not broken packages,
14 > >> and word it in some way that this comes out clear in that paragraph
15 > >
16 > > It is written exactly how I meant for it to be interpretted. We will be
17 > > removing things that are unmaintained *and* broken. I'm sure the
18 > > security team will agree that this is a problem that currently plagues
19 > > them as well, and I think we can help them out by doing what we can in
20 > > this regard.
21 >
22 > What about "... cleaning up and removing from the tree unmaintained
23 > packages as they are found to be broken."?
24
25 Works for me, and gets the point across more clearly.
28 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
29 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
30 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
31 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
32 http://www.halcy0n.com