From: Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *IMPORTANT* top-level management structure!
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:50:22
1 On Wednesday 25 June 2003 20.48, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2
3 > Hi Tony,
4 >
5 > This is the list I've started to work off of:
6 >
7 > http://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=&short_desc_type=allwordssu
8 >
9 > There's really only 14 open bugs, however I leave the closed ones in
10 > the list for historical interest.
11
12 Thats pretty good really. I guess the show stopper is the glib issues with
13 gtk-2 as rebuilding dependancies isn't handled yet by portage IIRC. Rest
14 seem like drop the hammer patch and turn optimisation down on a couple of
15 ebuilds. Only problem I have with my own statement is I have no idea what
16 the test coverage is like with the regression testing. I'll try a couple of
17 builds next week once I have moving house out of the way. My head will be a
18 little cooler then so I won't bark so loudly :) I would guess a normal
19 system build is only covering about 25% of the packages in portage. A meta
20 package to build everything non conflicting would be useful for this type of
21 thing.
22
23 tony
26 Contract ASIC and FPGA design.