From: Evan Powers <powers.161@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SSHD problems
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 06:16:43
1 (Oops. I've been forgetting to hit reply to all....)
2
3 On Monday 11 November 2002 03:50 pm, Chad Huneycutt wrote:
4 > See attachment. Note that I run sshd on port 23.
5
6 The attached output suggests that the ssh client notices goliath accepts the
7 publickey auth method, prompts for the passphrase protecting your public key,
8 goliath rejects this key, then the ssh client falls back on password auth.
9
10 I should have noticed this before, but after looking at 'man ssh': rename
11 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys. According to the man page
12 both SSHv1 and SSHv2 use the same file, ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.
13
14 Evan Powers
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list