From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Enemy Territory Strikes Back
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:53:53
1 On Friday 10 October 2003 04:39, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 >
3 > I've been brainstorming a way to keep packages that require
4 > CDs/interactivity from destroying world upgrades. If anyone has any
5 > ideas, please let me know. I was thinking of possibly suggesting the
6 > introduction of a portage feature to go into FEATURES called
7 > "interactive", which turns on interactive mode on ebuilds which require
8 > it. If an ebuild requires interactivity but the FEATURE is not set,
9 > then the ebuild will skip all of the steps.
10
11 I think it is a better way to have ebuilds declare themselves as being
12 interactive.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze