From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Categories for GUI stuff x11 and wayland
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 18:01:23
1 This is more food for thought to start a discussion on new category
2 names. With Wayland becoming more of a reality every day. I think some
3 of the x11-* categories may need to change. Stuff in there may not be
4 bound to X and can run on Wayland or X.
5
6 Examples
7 x11-libs/gtk+
8 x11-terms/terminology
9
10 Not sure what better "universal" category names would be. But seems it
11 maybe time for a discussion on such and some new categories and package
12 moves. Given thus stuff can run under X or Wayland. Not sure x11 makes
13 sense anymore.
14
15 I can do this on my own in my own overlay. But likely best for official
16 categories as this effects the tree not just others overlays etc. I do
17 not really have any ideas for better names. Just seems like a need.
20 William L. Thomson Jr.