From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-libs/libuv: libuv-1.2.1.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 09:33:18
1 17.01.2015 03:56, Patrick Lauer пишет:
2 > On Friday 16 January 2015 18:29:08 hasufell wrote:
3 >> Patrick Lauer:
4 >>> On 01/16/15 23:26, hasufell wrote:
5 >>>> Patrick Lauer (patrick):
6 >>>>> patrick 15/01/16 04:16:55
7 >>>>>
8 >>>>> Modified: ChangeLog
9 >>>>> Added: libuv-1.2.1.ebuild
10 >>>>> Log:
11 >>>>> Bump
12 >>>>
13 >>>> I expect people to ask me for review if they bump any of my packages.
14 >>>> That includes QA team members.
15 >>>
16 >>> Are you always in such a bad mood?
17 >>
18 >> Do you, as QA team member, think that a review workflow improves quality?
19 >
20 > No.
21 >
22 > Bureaucracy does not improve quality by itself.
25 We are talking about following the rules[1].
26
27 Did this bump fix some serious issue, that you need to fix without
28 notifing maintainer, as our policies states?
29
30 I did not see any mentions of bugs, related to this bump, even simple
31 version bump bug. And not signs of issues fixed in ChangeLog message either.
32
33 Thus - i understand hasufell's reaction.
34
35 Do not get me wrong, Patrick. You, as QA team member, can touch other's
36 packages without prior noticing, if fixing serious issues involved. But
37 with great power comes great responsibility. Please, use your power more
38 wisely next time.
39
40 Ordinary version bump(unless we have some breakages in tree, because of
41 really old versions in tree) is not the case of serious issue.
42
43 You should probably file a bug on package maintainer next time, as
44 ordinary developers usually do for packages, that are not maintained by
45 them. And only if no reaction from maintainer for a reasonable time
46 amount will follow - bump it yourself.
47
48 [1] - http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GLEP:48
51 Best regards, Sergey Popov
52 Gentoo developer
53 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
54 Gentoo Quality Assurance project lead
55 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead