From: Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se>
To: Dominik Westner <lists@×××××××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Porting portage to Darwin/OSX
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:25:39
1 I haven't looked at the source either, but I guess it should be quite easy to
2 port, except for the sandbox...
3
4 // Wigren
5
6 Wednesday 28 August 2002 10.09 skrev Dominik Westner:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > as I am a very happy user of Gentoo for my servers I would love to have
10 > the portage part also for my preferred client os, which is Mac OS X.
11 >
12 > I was wondering how hard it would be to port portage to another os. As
13 > far as I understood portage is mostly python and bash scripts.
14 > I have not looked at the sources of portage and the various utilities.
15 > So if anybody has some hints on how to get started I'd very much
16 > appreciate it.
17 >
18 > Thanks
19 >