From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] syslog-ng
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:18:17
1 At 2004-11-23T02:14:30+0000, "Konstantin V. Gavrilenko" <mlists@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > if you setup a syslog-ng server that binds to an interface and listens to
3 > collect incoming logs, at the next reboot it will fail to do so. I believe
4 > this
5 > issue is due to the order of execution of the init.d initialization scripts,
6 > since syslog-ng is started before the net.ethX scripts are executed. The
7 > exim
8 > would not start following the failure of the syslog-ng.
9
10 Good catch. Check bugs.gentoo.org to see if this has already been
11 reported. I didn't see anything related, but you might be able to. If
12 not, report it!
15 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
16 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
17 --Ghost in the Shell