From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: who renamed adsl-start to pppoe-start and why
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:51:04
1 Curtis Napier wrote:
2
3 >And that change was duly noted and acted upon by almost everyone. We had
4 >several threads in the forums plus the einfo warnings. Most people made
5 >the transition without any problems. Good work on the adsl mrness, it
6 >works so much better than rp-pppoe now, thanks!
10 Thank you for your kind words, but I didn't contribute anything to the
11 adsl baselayout module (or if I did, I don't remember). ;-)
12
13 I am the main contributor to the ppp module available in
14 baselayout-1.12*, which support any kind of PPP link known to mankind.
15 I strongly believe this module support for PPPoE is better than rp-pppoe
16 from the Gentoo point of view, but unfortunately baselayout-1.12 isn't
17 stable yet. :-(