From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cutting down on non-cascaded profiles
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 13:19:33
1 On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 04:53 -0400, Aaron Walker wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
6 > > How long are all those non-cascaded profiles going to stick around? They
7 > > make profile changes a mess for anyone who wants to do something crazy
8 > > like change default USE flags for everyone. (Who would ever need to do
9 > > that?!?!)
10 >
11 > The new profiles.desc format should solve this problem (what's valid and not)
12 > whenever it's added. What's the ETA on this anyways? Doesn't the latest
13 > repoman support it?
14
15 Yes, the last 2 repoman versions have supported the new format. I plan
16 on adding all of the profiles that I know are valid, and working with
17 other teams to ensure their valid profiles are listed, also.
18
19 Right now, I'm just hoping to see portage versions >= 2.0.51.20 be more
20 prevalent in #gentoo-commits before taking the plunge and changing
21 this... or perhaps repoman complaining loudly every time they try to use
22 it will give people a bit of motivation to upgrade? ;]
25 Chris Gianelloni
27 Games - Developer
28 Gentoo Linux