From: Colin Kingsley <tercel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Parallizing ebuilds - 'trivial' ebuilds
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:22:57
1 Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
2 > I would like to be able to limit the -jN when there is no distcc host
3 > available or when compiling c++ code, otherwise my poor laptop is dead with
4 > -j5 compiling pwlib when the network is down....
5 >
6 > It is particular example, but being able to limit portage in some way as
7 > total CPU, total MEM might be interesting (just nice-ing is not enough)
8
9 You might be interested in `man make`. The '-l' option in particular
10 would probably do what you want.
11
12 Tercel
13 --