From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] catalyst: Finished livecd-stage2, now what?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:44:50
1 On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 10:41:22PM -0500, Brad House wrote:
2 > on alpha architecture ???
3 > well, you're on your own there probably... You're going to
4 > use mkisofs, and you can look at x86-isogen.sh in the same
5 > directory as catalyst executable in cvs, but the bootloader
6 > stuff is probably a bit different.
7
8 So the output of the livecd-stage2 can be written directly to an ISO
9 filesystem? Ooh. As it turns out, making an Alpha bootable disk is REALLY
10 simple: you just include two files (/boot/bootlx and /etc/aboot.conf) in the
11 filesystem, mkisofs it, then run the command "isomarkboot <file>.iso
12 /boot/bootlx" and voila.
13
14 I guess that means I get to come up with one mor script. I can handle that.
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list