From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stack smash protected daemons
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:45:02
1 On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:23:25 -0400 Colin Kingsley <ckingsley@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 | Just to let everybody know, media-libs/sdl-gfx-2.0.11 does not compile
4 | with -fstack-protector on my system. This may not be a big deal, and
5 | may not affect other versions, or even other systems. My CFLAGS are
6 | very agressive, so there may be some sort of negative interaction
7 | occuring. For anybody who cares, the error follows.
8
9 If you're sure it's -fstack-protector causing it, file a bug. It's easy
10 enough to filter particular flags on a per-ebuild basis, and I'd imagine
11 we'll be seeing a few more of these if we stick -fstack-protector in the
12 default flags... Plus maybe this'll make those people who have
13 strip-flags overridden so that it does nothing have second thoughts :)
16 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
17 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
18 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm