From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild syntax highlighting
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:28:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 There was a brief discussion a coupla weeks about getting better syntax
4 highlighting and context help for ebuilds. Well, sorry can't help with the
5 second yet, but I hacked together a syntax highlighting file for katepart
6 (as used in kwrite and kate of course ;) based on the BASH one. You can d/l
7 the first version from: http://phpfi.com/214109
8
9 All it does is add the functions from the reference in the devmanual (nice
10 one ciaran- btw I do agree with only releasing when it's ready ;) as a new
11 word list (<list name="ebuild_cmds"> on line 91.) I also put in the inherit
12 keyword.
13
14 The only other change is the addition of line 644:
15 <keyword attribute="Command" context="#stay" String="ebuild_cmds" />
16
17 and I added a priority attribute to the language so it will take
18 precedence over BASH highlighting for ebuilds and eclasses.
19
20 It'd be good to add functions from other eclasses, maybe in a separate
21 list. ATM the file has bash_completion, eutils, fdo_mime. flag-o-matic,
22 gnome2, rpm, subversion functions as per the devmanual.
23
24 HTH,
25 SteveL.
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list