From: Abhishek Amit <abhishekamit2000@×××××.com>
To: Michael Boman <michael.boman@××××××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Development List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only offer pre-compiled packages?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 08:06:49
On 15:36 Sun 13 Apr     , Michael Boman wrote:
> Is there a way to let machines only see (updated) pre-compiled packages > when they do 'emerge -p world'? I am thinking of providing a local > repository of "authorized/tested" software over NFS and when you do > 'emerge world' it will take the latest version from the pre-compiled > pile of packages, totally ignoring what is availble as ebuild's from > or in the PORTAGE_OVERLAY dir.. > > Doable? How? > > Best regards > Michael Boman > > -- > Michael Boman > Security Architect, SecureCiRT Pte Ltd >
One other way I can think of doing this is modifying your portge tree and share the whole thing over NFS, as opposed to only sharing the binaries. Then the computers would not need to sync using, and your server could, where you could keep your tree with only the packages you want. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list