From: Gabriel Ebner <ge@××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bug voting
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:31:06
1 Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o> writes:
2
3 > As a user, or anyone really, your expectations are a bit too high.
4
5 Well, I was assuming fixing those bugs involved only adding the arch
6 to the KEYWORDS. But if the devs actually test the package (which
7 they might not have ever used nor have an idea on how to test it
8 without reading the docs), that's really a bit much to expect from
9 volunteers. So you're right -- I'm in no position to demand anything
10 at all.
11
12 > Let's take one of the bugs you filed, for instance --
13 > dev-util/darcs:
14 >
15 > ...which depends on virtual/ghc (not currently available), wxhaskell (not
16 > currently available) which in turn depends on haddock (not currently
17 > available).
18
19 Well, bugs are filed for all of them.
20
21 > You're just in luck that I've been using darcs for the past week or so, and
22 > if I give it one more pass tonight, I will make those packages available.
23 > And as Ciaran pointed out, we don't blindly keyword packages just because
24 > they manage to compile.
25
26 Thanks.
27