From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes in libreoffice ebuild
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 01:31:16
1 On 14/08/13 17:56, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >>> [3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit
4 >>
5 >> And all boils down to the fact gerrit needs to be fixed to take
6 >> patches from a mailing list
7 >
8 > Usually Gerrit just needs an OpenID in order to accept git push via SSH.
9 >
10 > That seems significantly better to me than parsing emails.
11
12 # git-way:
13
14 git commit ...
15
16 git send-email -10 --compose --to patches@×××××××.org
17
18 # gerrit-way:
19
20 Register with gerrit
21
22 Install the magic gerrit commit hooks
23
24 OR
25
26 Figure out how you should push your try
29 ## Then we have feedbacks and we want to provide updates
30
31 # git-way:
32
33 Read the email comments
34
35 git rebase -i
36
37 git send-email -8 --compose --in-reply-to --to patches@×××××××.org
38
39 # gerrit-way
40
41 Follow the links to the website with the comments.
42
43 Read the documentation again since you will forget how to push stuff in
44 gerrit, hope the commit hook you have manages the rebase and push again.
47 ---
48
49 Gerrit probably can be nice if you are used to it, you always have a
50 browser open and you do not have a wast mean to move from your mail
51 client to your git (people with emacs would explain better, I use vim
52 and thunderbird and yet I'm quicker in addressing projects using the git
53 email approach than those that use gerrit.
54
55 lu