From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] repo-mirror-ci now provides exported function info, and cache for pull requests
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 14:40:59
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 I'm pleased to announce that the services run by repo-mirror-ci project
4 had received a little update yesterday. I've added three new features:
5
6 1. EAPI=6 awareness. All our services are running pkgcore, and sadly
7 pkgcore does not support EAPI=6 yet. While I can't currently afford to
8 implement all features of EAPI=6 at the moment, I have enabled
9 the minimal support needed to get cache updates and pkgcheck working.
10
11 2. Metadata cache for pull requests. Now all pull requests are mirrored
12 in [1] along with the master branch of Gentoo repository. The pull-NNN
13 branches contain the pull request state with metadata cache merged on
14 top of it. Furthermore, cache update is done and committed twice --
15 before and after the pull request commits. As a result, you can easily
16 compare changes to cache the pull request does, e.g. [2].
17
18 3. Exported function information. Have you even wondered which of
19 the inherited eclasses sets a particular phase function? You have to
20 guess no more, my little hack to pkgcore [3] figures that out for you.
21 The results are put in metadata cache [4] since they're quite expensive
22 to obtain, and since we update metadata cache for pull requests, you can
23 now easily see if a pull request changes inherited phase functions!
24
25 As a matter of formality, I have to add that the last feature is quite
26 fresh and the result format may change when it gets polished and added
27 to more package managers. Currently the entry lists all redefined phase
28 functions in form of <phase>:<eclass> for phase functions defined by
29 eclasses, or <phase>:- for phase functions defined in ebuild. Phases
30 not listed have no explicit overrides, so are defined by EAPI or not
31 defined at all.
32
33 Enjoy! If you'd like to help, please consider providing patches for
34 EAPI=6 in pkgcore ;-).
35
36 [1]:https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo
37 [2]:https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo/commit/fe9a11b10e09