From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting rid of "Console log for $HOSTNAME" at X startup
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 02:52:02
1 tor 2001-09-27 klockan 11.32 skrev Viktor Lakics:
2 > Dear Gentooers,
3 >
4 > I already asked this once on this list, but there were no takers. I thought I
5 > give it another try. I am happily running RC5. Whenever I log in to X from kdm
6 > (or for that matter, any other display manager) I end up with an open xterm
7 > window in X, which says "Console log for myhostname". This might be important
8 > for some kind of troubleshooting for x (???), but when everything is set up
9 > correctly, it becomes a bit annoying...
10
11 Hmm .. did you get this without manually asking for it? If so that
12 sounds really odd.
13
14 Is it for every user or just one user? (try to log in as root and as
15 your ordinary user).
16
17 Regards,
18 Mikael Hallendal
22 Mikael Hallendal
23 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
24 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden