From: Tomas Mozes <hydrapolic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Call for testing from toolchain team: glibc-2.34
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 17:26:31
1 On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 1:39 AM Sam James <sam@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > toolchain@ would appreciate if folks could keyword glibc-2.34 locally
6 > on non-production machines to help root out any bugs.
7 >
8 > The tracker bug is doing pretty well at this point with most remaining
9 > issues being in last-rited packages or being tracked upstream:
10 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/803482.
11 >
12 > There are no plans to keyword glibc-2.34 yet given there's
13 > a few large changes and we've not yet got over the libxcrypt
14 > hump (that's coming very shortly, stabilisation planned for
15 > 2021-11-01!). But you can't start planning too early ;)
16 >
17 > I would not recommend doing this on a machine
18 > with Chromium or anything Electron based for now
19 > as I haven't had a chance to check if the sandbox stuff
20 > has been updated. I _think_ Firefox is fine now (at least
21 > in the latest versions >= 91?).
22 >
23 > If you're able, please therefore keyword glibc-2.34 on
24 > systems where you're up for a bit of experimentation,
25 > and ideally rebuild (-ev @world) and report any bugs.
26 >
27 > If you feel generous, run FEATURES=test on some/all
28 > stuff too.
29 >
30 > Please drop into #gentoo-toolchain if you have any
31 > questions or issues we need to debug together.
32 >
33 > Cheers!
34 >
35 > Best,
36 > sam
39 I only had a hard time with elastic/filebeats. It crashed soon after
40 starting, luckily it got fixed upstream (
41 https://githubmemory.com/repo/elastic/apm-server/issues/6238). It's on PR
42 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/22823/commits/0e8fe167b013b8cefad3c3da9d0beec9887ab15c
45 Tomas