From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc 2.23 and willfully breaking stuff
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 12:08:04
1 On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 01:41:06 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 19 Apr 2016 04:21, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
5 > > Ühel kenal päeval, E, 18.04.2016 kell 12:38, kirjutas Mike
6 > > Frysinger:
7 > > > On 16 Apr 2016 09:23, Patrick Lauer wrote:
8 > > > > So why on earth are we applying a random patch that upstream is
9 > > > > not using
10 > > >
11 > > > not everyone uses glibc, and glibc *is* moving in this
12 > > > direction.  Gentoo
13 > > > is simply accelerating the change ... otherwise glibc will take
14 > > > longer to do the actual migration.
15 > >
16 > > You don't need to break everyone's ~arch for dubious glibc benefits,
17 > > which could be done by a p.masked version and a tinderbox run.
18 > > I am not your tinderbox dummy having to waste time on this to
19 > > maintain my own ~arch stuff.
20 >
21 > i waited until the known bugs died down. i don't have access to a
22 > tinderbox system myself.
23
24 just for the record: I dont have access to a tinderbox system myself
25 either but I usually ask Toralf by ccing him on bugs where I need it
26 and he is pretty diligent on providing data. kudos to him.