From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Unmasking modular X
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 05:21:44
1 Wernfried Haas posted <20060124185229.GB18929@×××××××××.rechner>,
2 excerpted below, on Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:52:29 +0100:
3
4 > On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 01:44:28PM -0500, Mark Loeser wrote:
5 >> We should aim for when it will be done in a way that minimizes the
6 >> breakage for all of our users. Yes, breakage will happen, but we can wait
7 >> until its down to a more reasonable value.
8 >
9 > And we probably should announce somewhere that this is going to happen
10 > (if not done already, haven't been following the modular X thing too
11 > closely).
12
13 There has been some coverage in GWN. Readers know modular-X is coming,
14 have been invited to test it, and know how to get to it now (the modular-X
15 HOWTO was linked), along with the fact that it's a big change and may
16 cause some breakage.
17
18 However, I do NOT believe a specific warning was given that it's going to
19 happen on $DATE and ~arch users should know there might be a bit of
20 breakage at that time.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
26 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list