From: Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>
To: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] drivers for Conexant hsf modem
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:46:47
1 On 10 Feb 2003 19:29:47 +0800
2 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Dont see why not: build a minimal system on another machine and tar it
5 > across to the new one, or install from a stage 3 tarball (isnt that on
6 > the livecd these days for non-network building anyway?), add the modem
7 > stuff and rebuild when convenient.
8
9 The problem is not impossible to overcome on my side.
10 but the problem remains that most people will not have any other
11 network connection but a modem.
12
13 having the pp tools is all wel and good but if there is no modem drivers on the liveCD then whats the point.
14 To solve my problem I have to copy the portage tree and source for pciutils and modem on a usb device to my home machine.
15
16 Not everybody have big expecive network toys or lines to get things. there are people that will use a cheap modem that needs additional drivers and they won't have access
17 to any other internet machine to compile additional drivers on etc etc
18
19 Henti
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list