From: Lost Logic <lostlogic@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to bump down revision numbers
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:08:47
1 Have you run 'emerge -c' and checked 'qpkg -v --dups' to see that it
2 doesn't still show the other version merged (if multiple versions have
3 package stubs, portage doesn't necessarily know that both aren't
4 co-existing).
7 --Brandon
8
9 maarten@××××××××.be wrote:
10
11 >Hi,
12 >
13 >I've been assigned bug #2380. Our 1.1.2 version of jpeg-mmx is an
14 >unofficial, unmaintained fork so the ebuild version will need to be bumped
15 >down to the official 0.1.4.
16 >
17 >But even masking off the 1.1.2 ebuild doesn't make portage consider
18 >downgrading. Not even when I put a dependency in another package for the
19 >lower 0.1.4 version and emerge that one.
20 >
21 >I was wondering: is this a bug or a feature (to ward off inadvertent
22 >downgrades), and is there some "official" way of doing this?
23 >
24 >If all else fails I'll just make a new 1.1.2-r1 release, hardwire it to
25 >use the 0.1.4 version instead, and increase the dependencies as needed in
26 >other packages. Right?
27 >
28 >cheers,
29 >maarten