From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: sys-freebsd/*
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:14:20
1 # Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> (2019-09-11)
2 # Gentoo/FreeBSD project is effectively dead. The core packages are
3 # outdated and vulnerable. We do not have a fully working install,
4 # and I have not been able to find anyone knowing how to create one.
5 # Leaf packages are failing to build more and more frequently, some
6 # simply because of our outdated base system. The profiles were marked
7 # exp two months ago not to stall other developers, core packages are
8 # masked for at least two months, and nowadays they have unsatisfied
9 # dependencies already.
10 #
11 # If anyone wishes to take the effort over, please consider it urgent.
12 # If not, I will slowly start removing remaining parts of FreeBSD
13 # after this batch, and checking which packages can be salvaged.
14 #
15 # Removal in 30 days. Bug #683284.
16 sys-freebsd/boot0
17 sys-freebsd/freebsd-bin