From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving apps to /usr - a partial list
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 08:56:59
1 On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 11:32:08AM +0200, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Here is a list of ebuilds that have 'X11R6' in their CONTENTS. This is
3 > obviously incomplete, as I don't have everything installed.
4 > Some of these may need to stay in X11R6, please tell me what these exceptions
5 > should be.
6 > I have omitted some things which I know should stay in X11R6.
7 >
8 > x11-libs: gtk+, qt-x11, xforms, openmotif
9 > media-video: xmps, xanim*, xmms*, mpeg2vidcodec, mplayer, xmovie, avifile,
10 > bcast.
11 > media-sound: xmms-*, grip.
12 > net-print/qtcups
13 > net-im/gaim
14 > media-libs: gdk-pixbuf, imlib
15 > net-ftp/gftp
16 > net-irc/xchat
17 > media-gfx: gimp*, imagemagick, blender
18 > app-text: xpdf, acroread, gv
19 > app-admin/usbview
20 > x11-misc/ttmkfdir
21
22 Anything that is not Xfree86 itself goes in /usr. However, there are the
23 following exceptions. acroread and blender should go in /opt because they are
24 pre-compiled binary distributions. That's our new (more correct)
25 interpretation of the FHS rules.
26
27 Best Regards,
30 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>