From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New PUEL license
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 14:28:27
1 Hi folks,
2
3 a couple of weeks ago I was told that the PUEL license we have in our license
4 pool is outdated. We currently have version 6 from July 28, 2008 but latest
5 virtualbox releases come with version 8 from April 19, 2010.
6 A quick glance at the diff between both licenses revealed nothing but
7 replacement of SUN with Oracle and some small wording changes but as english
8 is not my native language I find it quite hard to understand licenses written
9 in english and distinguish between wording changes with big or rather small
10 impact on the license. Last but not least IANAL of course.
11 So I'd appreciate if someone could have a deeper look at the differences and
12 tell me if it's okay to just drop the old license and add the new one of if we
13 need to keep both, old and new one in our license pool.
14
15 Regards
16 --
17 Lars Wendler (Polynomial-C)
18 Gentoo package maintainer and bug-wrangler