From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:36:20
1 lnxg33k wrote:
2 > "The Gentoo community and its members treat one another with respect."
3 > News to me. I think the users do a good job helping each other.
4 > Developer and user relations lack some imo. Developer and Developer
5 > relations are worse.
6
7 Well, the intention is that we all are people and should respect each
8 other regardless if you are a developer or not. Even if you proposed
9 something I wouldn't agree with, there's no reason to (fex) go to name
10 calling.
11
12 Anyway, if you see someone behaving in a "wrong way", you should try to
13 notify him politely. There's a chance he will stop.
14
15 > At the
16 > end of the day though, respect is earned. It isn't doled out by policy.
17
18 I can't agree with that. I for one beleive that I have to respect
19 everyone. Even folks I don't like.
20
21 > The bit about retaining developer status without commit changes doesn't
22 > make sense. Sounds like they've been demoted to an AT. Having your
23 > access denied should be severe enough that any and all status held with
24 > Gentoo should be revoked. If there, for some reason, is a need to
25 > temporarily deny access until a ruling can be had, then is another story.
26
27 I'm afraid that you lack some background here, sorry.
28
29 Cheers,
30 -jkt
33 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth