From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: News item format 2.0
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 23:10:47
1 On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > For example, for foo-1.0 to -2.0 upgrade notes, we'd do:
3 >
4 > Display-if-installed: <foo-2.0
5 > Display-if-visible: >=foo-2.0
6 >
7 > which would basically mean that all people having old foo installed
8 > would get the item as soon as they foo-2.0 becomes visible to them.
9 > But people installing straight 2.0 without previous versions don't get
10 > the item.
11
12 This works, but does require 2.0 to be in the tree already. It is
13 obviously simpler as a result.
14
15 I think it still makes sense - users just need to check news before
16 they update. We couldn't put out the news items a few days in advance
17 this way.
18
19 So, ++ from me.
22 Rich