From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gnat-gpl-2008 has been SLOTted differently from -2008
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:13:18
1 Hi All.
2
3 I have some information for those of you using Ada on this list (it appears
4 there are quite a few, so, please drop those "all two people using.."
5 jokes ;)).
6
7 I have found that the recently released -2008 version has some "incompatible
8 bugs" with the -2007 version (NB: this is gnat-gpl, the ACT varian), which,
9 in itself, is rather usial. However, this time these bugs directly affect one
10 of the Ada libs in the tree - qtada, prohibitimg me from releasing a new
11 version (the qtada-1.0.4 still requires precisely gnat-gpl-2007, hopefully
12 qtada-1.1 will be less picky, but I haven't tested it yet).
13
14 Considering also, that many of you might want to test the latest ADA-2005
15 features but may very well have some projects similarly sensitive to these
16 bugs, I decided to SLOT gnat-gpl-2008 differently from the -2007 version
17 (they were in the same SLOT, as they both use the same gcc backend version).
18 Now, the -2008 version has SLOT="4.1-2008" while the -2007 one simply "4.1"
19 (not that this precise value matters to anybody, its motsly internal portage
20 affairs). I also issued revbumps, so that the updating happens automatically.
21 Just check your "/etc/ada/primary_compilers" in case you want to update
22 them..
23
24 I'll add the new version of qtada shortly.
25
26 George