From: drobbins@g.o
To: Justin Vander Ziel <zielot@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug report, Portage question, No sources included
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:21:35
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 07:51:58PM -0600, Justin Vander Ziel wrote:

> * What is the difference between Portage and e-build? Where does one begin > and the other start? I'm familiar with Daniel's article that was posted on > IBM about the e-build system > (
OK, forgot to answer this. Portage is the official name for the system as a whole. Portage uses ebuild scripts and the "ebuild" program right now; this may evolve into something more advanced as time goes on. But the entire system will still continue to be called Portage. -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO Gentoo Technologies, Inc.