From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: New category - sci-visualization
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:21:24
1 On Saturday 14 January 2006 15:01, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
2 > I propose creating a new category, sci-visualization, to house scientific
3 > visualization applications. There are at least 17 applications I have
4 > identified which are already in the tree that could be moved. Many of them
5 > are in media-gfx with photo applications etc. They are all taken care of by
6 > the scientific application herd.
7
8 Just to reply to myself as there were no objections I have now added this new
9 category. All the scientific visualisation applications I could spot have
10 been moved already. Only applications are intended to live there, and there
11 are a couple I intend to add in the next few weeks. Hopefully this hasn't
12 caused any problems for anyone.
13
14 Thanks.