From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecate EAPI1?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 11:18:01
1 El mar, 13-03-2012 a las 11:52 -0700, Zac Medico escribió:
2 > On 03/11/2012 05:49 PM, Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > If people want to enforce the eapi1 is no longer used in the gentoo
4 > > repo, that's fine- we stick a list of acceptable EAPI's into
5 > > its layout.conf.
6 >
7 > That sounds pretty reasonable, although I think a deprecation warning
8 > would be more appropriate that an outright ban. A deprecation warning
9 > should be sufficient to send the intended message, without placing an
10 > unnecessary burden on people doing simple version bumps or adding
11 > ebuilds that are already well tested though they happen to use an older
12 > EAPI.
13
14 I fully agree with this approach