From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Something positive! (was Re: Client-serve flags (again ;))
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:43:29
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Andrej Kacian wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:28:29 -0600
4 >> Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>> Thing is that kinda stuff just puts ppl off; i've seen you carry on
7 >>>> bugzilla but i always thought fair enough he's stressed and working on
8 >>>> loads a bugs; if you really wanted to say that crap to me, you could
9 >>>> have emailed me.
10 >>> Wow, somebody took that completely the wrong way. It was nothing more
11 >>> than a joke.
12 >>
13 >> This is a fine example of how different people are in perceiving jokes.
14 >>
15 Exactly; it's also about the context of the remarks; if they'd been said to
16 me on irc by someone i was chatting with i'd joke right back. I just didn't
17 expect it here and it threw me; I see this as public space, and it's like
18 some guy i didn't know just came up and started slagging me off.
19
20 >> BTW, I never understood why are certain people so touchy about
21 >> homosexuality, while others joke about it with their peers daily (and
22 >> very personally).
23 >
24 > The people who get all bent out of shape about a simple joke like that are
25 > either homosexual themselves (not a bad thing) or homophobes (definitely a
26 > bad thing).
27 >
28 FWIW I've calmed down now, that's why i shut up before i said something i
29 might regret in a public forum. masterdriverz explained it was a joke, ok
30 cool. I've never been spoken to like that by someone with whom I've never
31 actually conversed.
32
33 Can we forget about it?
34
35 (BTW I don't know any of you; dunno about you but i value my privacy, so if
36 i wanna discuss what i do in bed with you, i'll ask yeah? ;)
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list