From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] has_version etc parallelisability
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 04:14:07
1 On 12/30/07, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Is it legal for ebuilds to call has_version and friends in parallel? Is
3 > it legal for ebuilds to call has_version and friends after the ebuild
4 > process has terminated? Discuss.
5
6 If the pm implements read/write locking on the underlying datastore
7 (which it should probably have regardless of this request) then I
8 don't see a problem in parallel has_version calls.
9
10 I don't get your second example..do you mean the ebuild is running
11 has_version in the background and then terminating?
14 > --
15 > Ciaran McCreesh
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list