From: scott worley <folokai@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dhcpcd doesn't work
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:02:15
1 On Sun, 2001-09-30 at 09:59, Gontran wrote:
2 > * scott worley (folokai@×××××××××.net) wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I'm using rc6-r12. Everything was OK while using ppp. I got ADSL and
6 > > now cannot get dhcpcd to work. Dhcpcd works every time when I boot into
7 > > SuSE 7.2. I even downloaded dhcpcd from freshmeat, copied the tar ball
8 > > to the gentoo partition, rebooted gentoo and built dhcpcd. Still
9 > > fails. The only error message I get in syslog is:
10 > >
11 > > dhcpcd: timed out waiting for valid DHCP server response.
12 > >
13 > > I get this whether I run /etc/init.d/net.eth0-dhcp or
14 > > /sbin/dhcpcd -d eth0.
15 > >
16 > > The system is:
17 > > gentoo rc6-r12
18 > > vanilla kernel 2.4.10 with
19 > > CONFIG_PACKET=YES
20 > > CONFIG_PACKET_MMAP=NO
21 > > CONFIG_NETLINK=NO
22 > > CONFIG_NETFILTER=YES
23 > > CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG=NO
24 > > CONFIG_FILTER=YES
25 > > CONFIG_UNIX=YES
26 > > CONFIG_INET=YES
27 > > CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=YES
28 > > CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER=NO
29 > > CONFIG_IP_PNP=NO
30 > > CONFIG_NET_IPIP=m
31 > > CONFIG_NET_IPGRE=m
32 > > CONFIG_NET_IPGRE_BROADCAST=NO
33 > > CONFIG_IP_MROUTE=NO
34 > > CONFIG_INET_ECN=NO
35 > > CONFIG_SYN_COOKIES=YES
36 >
37 > Scott,
38 >
39 > Perhaps you have firewall rules blocking that communication?
42 > Gontran
45 > gentoo-dev mailing list
46 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
49 Gontran,
50
51 I checked the FW rules with iptables -L and the policy was ACCEPT on the
52 three default chains. I have not configured any FW rules.
53
54 I brought up eth0 using /etc/init.d/net.eth0 script with the net
55 variables set to the last values of SuSE dhcpcd. Get a "network is
56 unreachable" SIOCTL error. I don't think its hardware because I'm using
57 the same HW with SuSE. Of course, SuSE is using a modified 2.4.4
58 kernel, not 2.4.10.
59
60 scott