From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Libpng 1.2.1 / force rebuild
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 23:52:57
2 > Maybe I'm missing something, but why not leave libpng.so.2 in place,
3 > add libpng.so.3 and link libpng.so to libpng.so.3? Isn't that the way
4 > it's supposed to work? Applications linked against .2 can still find
5 > it, and new compiles get .3.
6 >
7 I thought so too the first time, please try yourself with fex. galeon...
8 it simply breaks (launch galeon from console and check debug messages)
9 same goes for mozilla et.al.
10
11 //Spider
14 begin happy99.exe
15 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
17 end