From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tneidt@××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gdm-2.2.3.2: comments
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:07:58
1 On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 17:51, Tod M. Neidt wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 21:11, tneidt@×××××××××××.com wrote:
5 > > After these changes gdm starts up fine. One problem remains. gnome-terminal
6 > > refuses to open with an error about checking unix98 ptys. Note everything
7 > > gnome and specifically gnome-terminal was working perfectly when I was using
8 > > startx from the command-line prior to merging gdm. Also, I can start up a
9 > > regular xterm fine although it doesn't read my .bashrc file.
10
11 Hi!
12
13 Follow up on the follow up. I solved my problem with gnome-terminal.
14 The pseudo-terminal nodes in /dev/pty/ had owner.group set as root.root
15 on my machine. After a 'chown root.tty /dev/pty/* ', gnome-terminal
16 started up fine. I not sure if this was specific to my machine or
17 gentoo in general. I am currently using baselayout-1.6.2
18
19 tod