From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default useflag cleanups: -apm -foomaticdb -fortran -imlib -motif -oss -xmms
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 04:00:59
1 On Monday 05 June 2006 12:16, Patrick McLean wrote:
2 > Stefan Schweizer wrote:
3 > > -fortran - Do we really need this outdated language as a default in gcc?
4 >
5 > I am not on the toolchain team, but I _think_ the reason this is on by
6 > default is because fortran is considered part of a standard gcc
7 > installation (by upstream, etc).
8
9 pretty much ... fortran is expected to be part of the default build thus it is
10
11 i personally disable fortran on all my machines though ;)
12 -mike