From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Best way to create a GLEP 63 compliant GPG key on Nitrocard?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 07:25:02
1 On 4/26/19 12:52 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > gpg is the same. Yes, the concepts are great once you understand them
3 > (though the smartcard standard is needlessly limited). The actual
4 > command line interface is just painful to use if you're doing more
5 > than just encrypting/signing something. If you want to use something
6 > other than your default key you pass --default-key, which seems odd,
7 > since you don't really want to change your default, and there isn't
8 > any way to pass a "non-default" key. I get having a default key
9 > option in a config file, since that is what it describes. And then
10 > there is all the interactivity, which makes sense to have as an
11 > option, but not without a command line override. I mean, the FTP
12 > interactive console also makes sense but there is a reason everybody
13 > uses curl/wget/etc, and not FTP+expect.
14
15 default-key is exactly for config file, for other operations you use
16 -u/--local-user
20 Kristian Fiskerstrand
21 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
22 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3