From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Developers, please work on underlinking issues!
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 10:26:40
1 On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:39:37 -0700
2 Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Is it as simple as switching the linker and re-merging packages that
5 > one maintains? Is gold supposed to be a big deal? Does it do the job
6 > of linking better? I read the blog post and all but nobody's
7 > explaining what gold does better than standard ld.
8
9 I think gold is faster and doesnt eat 8+gb of ram when linking chromium
10 with debug symbols :)
11
12 > That said, if it's that simple and then just requires some DEPEND
13 > updating, doesn't sound all that bad to me.
14
15 Nah, it's adding proper -lfoo when foo is used; more like asneeded
16 fixes.