From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Initscripts
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:50:18
1 Ok I run a nameserver and some other software on my router. The nameserver
2 should of course start first (after syslog) so the others can resolve names.
3 So I put
4
5 after named
6
7 into the depend of all the services which need to be able to resolve names at
8 startup. The problem is, it just doesn't work. I even tried
9
10 need named
11
12 but it's just ignored. The services start in any order they like.
13
14 I'm still on rc6 but that should be no real problem it's just an old portage
15 etc. but I got the newest init etc.
16
17 I put a
18
19 before named
20
21 into the samba script and it is started right before the named is started. But
22 I'd really like after to work so I can use it in the script instead of
23 putting a before a b c ... into the named script.
24
25 Alex