From: "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] net-firewall/firestarter masked for removal
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 04:54:57
1 The upstream development for firestarter has been dead for some time
2 (last news update Jul 31 2005). Recent changes to the netfilter code
3 in the kernel have caused firestarter not to work (see bug #179792).
4 That bug has a patch that fixes that particular problem but the fact that
5 upstream is dead, the several other open bugs about firestarter and the
6 fact that I no longer use it myself mean I'm masking it for removal.
7
8 I feel there are several good alternatives in net-firewall/ to use as
9 replacements for the iptables-generating aspect of firestarter. If someone
10 would like to pick up and maintain this package, they're welcome to it,
11 otherwise, I'll remove it in thirty days.
12
13 Michael Sterrett
14 -Mr. Bones.-
15 mr_bones_@g.o