From: Carlos Silva <r3pek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /var/ftp VS /home/ftp
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:19:39
1 On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 08:43 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > hmm, just read the GLEP ... looks like a whole lot of crap ...
4 >
5 > """
6 > /srv will be supported via a USE flag. This gives users the choice of
7 > using a dedicated service home hierarchy or not.
8 > """
9 >
10 > In other words, I wouldn't know why anyone would be against this, unless
11 > the implementation would be cumbersome. But if developers are happy to
12 > work on this, why not.
13 >
14 I don't see any problem, since the user _actually_ have the choice...
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list