From: "P.Gnodde" <peter@××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Security patches
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:51:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've noticed a lot of people are interested in security patches for the gentoo kernel. I've been busy integrating a couple of nice patches in the gentoo 2.4.18 kernel and here are the results.
4
5 http://www.pcswebdesign.nl/patches/util-linux-2.11l-crypto.patch.gz
6 http://www.pcswebdesign.nl/patches/linux-2.4.18-gentoo-secure.patch.gz
7
8 The first is the util-linux patch of the kerneli project, but upgraded to the util-linux-2.11l package (I've used the stock package, but I cannot remember if the gentoo util-linux has been patched). It makes losetup, mount and umount to work with encrypted filesystems.
9
10 The second patch is a collection, it includes the kerneli patch (encrypted filesystems), rml's netdev-random patches (lets netwerk devices contribute to the random entropy) and the grsecurity patch (version 1.9.4).
11 It should apply cleanly to the gentoo 2.4.18 kernel.
12
13 NOTE: The grsecurity patch had a couple of tricky failed hunks, so it could be unstable! I am running a stability test at this moment and should know more about the stability after the weekend, be careful when using it!
14
15 I hope you have some use for these patches and use them wisely :).
16
17 Regards,
18
19 Peter Gnodde