From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] profiles/ChangeLog is too large
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:51:52
1 On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 > The profiles/ChangeLog file has grown to more than 700 kbytes. Would
3 > it make sense to remove ancient (say, pre-2010) entries from it?
4 >
5 > Maybe it would also help if we added separate ChangeLog files for each
6 > subdirectory? Some subdirectories already have such a file, but it
7 > looks to me like they've been added more or less at random.
8 >
9 > Ulrich
10
11 Will the ChangeLog file be needed at all for the eventual git
12 migration, or will it just get the history from CVS?
13
14 If it's not needed for that, I have a hard time finding a reason
15 really old entries would be needed.
16
17 Matt