From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:56:37
1 On Monday 01 March 2010 23:24:56 Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > For some reason beyond my understanding, we have the cups useflag
3 > enabled by default in profiles. This has started to generate circular
4 > dependencies, at least for desktop profile users (gtk -> cups ->
5 > poppler -> gtk). I propose we no longer enable the cups useflag.
6 >
7 > Cheers,
8 Yes please
9
10 It is really annoying for a new user to deal with blockers when he first runs
11 emerge -uDN world on his brand new gentoo system
12 --
13 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
14 Gentoo Linux Developer
15 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org