From: Michael Kunze <michael.kunze@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: How long can take an ebuild to compile ??
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:01:37
1 Luke-Jr wrote:
2
3 > You forget the most obvious: Non-Portage CPU Usage
4 > I don't think it's possible to account for this, as it can change quite often
5 > during the emerge... Any estimated time can never be too accurate. The most
6 > accurate I'd expect something to be is tell me whether something would take a
7 > few minutes, a few hours, or a few days.
8
9 I think noone expects this time to be a countdown of some sort that is
10 exact down to milliseconds.
11 i rough idea if kde takes 9 hours or 'only' 5 hours would be cool.
12
13 i mean do you expect to really sit 45mins in front of a xp installation? ;)
14
15 best regards,
16 --
17 Michael Kunze