From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge -e
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:30:15
1 On Wednesday 26 November 2003 02:19, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > How/where does emerge get out of the circular dependencies when using
3 > "emerge -e"? I'm almost done with the patch to add license checking but
4 > this is the last stumbling block.
5
6 Replying to myself again. Figured I should give more info.
7
8 Attached is my licenses patch and some of the output from an "emerge -ep
9 --debug world". The process continues jumping between libtool and gnuconfig
10 but I can't figure out why. More to the point, I can't figure out why it
11 doesn't do it when all the licenses are accepted. Any pointers?
12
13 With the patch, to see what I'm talking about, first remove the section headed
14 "# return here else trouble occurs ;-)". Otherwise, everything works
15 perfectly except that deps of packages that haven't had their licenses
16 accepted are not checked.
17
18 Regards,
19 Jason

emerge--emptytree text/plain
portage-2.0.49-r15.licenses.patch text/x-diff