From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removal of articles.xml from website
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:23:13
1 On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 10:45 +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Many Gentoo developers have written articles about Linux and Gentoo on
3 > third-party sites. The articles page [1] was originally meant to provide
4 > links to those articles. However, it frequently occurs that links change
5 > (most notably the IBM ones).
6 >
7 > Because it is a pain to keep these links in shape, I'm proposing to remove
8 > the page from the Gentoo web site alltogether. Interested users can easily
9 > find those articles by searching on the IBM DW web site themselves.
10 >
11 > This idea is also backed up by the fact that not many articles talk about
12 > Gentoo and some of them are outdated (or use an outdated view that has been
13 > superseded by newer methods).
14
15 Yeah, I'd say thats a good call. If anything, we can list such article
16 in a GWN which will always be listed on our site somewhere. (Just may
17 not be easily searchable)
20 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
21 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
22
23 ---
24 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
25 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
26
27 ramereth/irc.freenode.net